I’m working at lot nowadays. Three days jobs, transitioning into freelancing and the relaunch of my clothing company has me very stretched very thin. But 2018 is about self care, after work 8 hours in an office and 2 hours of Postmates I decided to take a little time to do what all good little fashion boys and girls do in spring. With Janelle Monae “Don’t Judge Me” playing in my earphones and the sun setting in the sky I browsed Vouge.com’s covering of this years Met Gala
I had no intention of posting on this, but as my Facebook comment grew in word count, it started to look more like a blog. Except it wasn’t all that … linear? Just bullet points and notes on my thoughts. So I’m just gonna Ctrl+V them on the blog. I’ll crop the photos later ( as if you didn’t know they were from vogue.com) Don’t like it? I don’t care. You get what you get, so don’t throw a fit.
-Janelle and Solange are my lock screen. Nuff said.
– I hate celebrities who don’t even attempt the theme. Why don’t the Kardashian just stay home?
-Lena Waithe basically said “fuck yo couch Charlie Murphy” to theme and is still on theme. How Sway?
-Zendaya serves for her generation. Consistently giving us looks!
– Rihanna told us long ago she was a savage. Why did I expect anything less?
– Donald Glover is a sneaky MF. I see what you did there.
-Belcaliz Almanzar?! What gives you the right? Disrespectful.
– Speaking of it pleases me that Cardi’s fiance and his fam are wearing dreadlocks and Italian designers in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. What a time to be alive.
-SJP is an icon and dresses accordingly.
-SZA default is ethereal. Again sway, answers! You got all the answers, then HOW?!
-Honestly you had me at capes and head pieces, I’m easy to please.
-Ariana Grande is giving me opera ingenue.
-Nicki Minaj is giving too much Grammy performance circa 2009, in my opinion. I would have like to see her in a lighter color.
– Madonna came in like ” Catholic symbolism? Hold my beer!”
– I love that now Kerri Washington is an A-lister she wears her hair natural. She is all of us after the probationary period at our job.
-Pharell looks like a sexy pimp vampire and I’m pleased.
-Diddy is dressed like he dressed in 1997 and is still on theme. Hilarious!